The club rules and guidelines are designed to ensure that members have a safe and enjoyable experience on each and every visit. It is anticipated that for the majority of members there will be little or no need to refer to them. They do however allow the management to maintain a high level of service at all times.
1. MONTHLY MEMBERSHIPS Membership subscription fees shall be fixed by the club and may be amended at any time. Members paying by direct debit will be given at least 30 days notice prior to alteration. a) The club reserves the right to reject an application for membership or refuse admission without ascribing any reason for so doing. b) On acceptance of an application a member will be provided with a membership card which will remain the property of the club and upon termination of membership will be returnable on demand. Once issued, the member is entitled to the privileges of membership and shall be deemed to have agreed to be bound by the rules and guidelines. c) All changes in membership details must be communicated to the club in writing giving 30 days notice. d) Monthly memberships – Fees are payable only by direct debit. However one calendar month notice is required in writing to resign from a monthly membership. e) Monthly membership with 12 month contract - membership is for a minimum of 12 months after which a month to month agreement commences and one calendar month notice is required for resignation. f) Monthly membership with 6 month contract - membership is for a minimum of 6 months after which a month to month agreement commences and one calendar month notice is required for resignation. g) Monthly membership - no contract. One calendar months notice is required for resignation. h) Renewal of annual membership - up front payment must be received prior to membership end date. Renewal date will not be amended in the event of late renewal of membership. i) Annual price increases will be effective as of the 1st January each year. j) No refunds will be made due to lack of use or for any other reason. k) Memberships are non-transferable. l) The Membership Card must not be used after the expiry date. m) The Membership Card cannot be used by anyone else other than the Member. n) Memberships may be suspended at the discretion of the management on the following grounds:
i.1. Proven medical grounds - It is possible for the Leisure Card holder to freeze their membership for a period not less than one month and no longer than six months. Applications must be made in writing to the Admin Office giving one calendar month’s notice. Written correspondence from a medical professional must be provided prior to applications being authorised. There is no monthly charge for memberships suspended on medical grounds.
i.2. Non-Medical Grounds – It is possible for the Leisure Card holder to freeze their membership for a period not less than one month and no longer than six months. Applications must be made in writing to the Admin Office giving one calendar month’s notice. There is a charge of £5.00 per month for memberships suspended on non-medical grounds.
You will receive written correspondence from the Club confirming or declining your application. The fixed period/contractual period will be extended by the number of months a membership is frozen for.
o) It is the responsibility of members to ensure that their written correspondence reaches the Leisure Club Manager. p) The Club reserves the right to refuse issue or withdraw Membership and cease to provide the benefits under it, to any person who contravenes these terms and conditions or the rules and regulations of the Leisure Club. q) Dishonestly giving misleading or incorrect information to the Club or any improper use of the Membership and or Membership Card will result in cancellation and may lead to legal action.
2. GUESTS a) All guests must be accompanied by a member and complete a pre exercise questionnaire on each visit to the club. The appropriate guest fee must be paid or a valid guest pass provided prior to using the facilities. b) Members must ensure that their guests abide by the rules and guidelines of the club and that they follow club etiquette. c) The club reserves the right to refuse the entry of a guest to the club. No person whose membership is on hold, has been terminated or whose application for membership has at any time been refused shall be admitted as a guest.
3. CHILDREN For health and safety reasons children under 16’s are not permitted to use the gymnasium, solarium or aerobics studio. The following restrictions also apply. a) A maximum of 2 children per adult is permitted. b) Children under 16 years of age may only use the facilities when accompanied by an adult member. c) All Children must be registered at reception and children over the age of 3 are subject to a child guest fee. d) For other facilities the following conditions apply: Spa - Children under 8 are not permitted to use the spa. Pool - All children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Sauna & Steam - Children under 8 are prohibited from using the Sauna and Steam rooms. Gym- Children under 16 are not permitted to use the gym. e) Children aged 7 and over are not permitted to use the opposite gender changing room, therefore they must use their own gender changing room. f) Nappy changing is prohibited on poolside or out of designated areas. g) Use of the facilities are restricted to the set children’s hours. h) Adults must remain with their children at all times. i) The club reserves the right to amend children's hours where necessary. g) Aqua nappies must be worn by babies.
4. POOL AREA - SAUNA/STEAM/SPA POOL a) Members and their guests use the swimming pool at their own risk. b) No running, jumping or diving in the pool and spa area is permitted. c) The pool may be closed for general swimming when aqua exercise classes are taking place – members will be notified of all times via the fitness timetable. d) Floats are prohibited in the Spa Pool. e) For reasons of hygiene it is necessary for all members and guests to shower before entering the pool. Members and guests with verrucas, athlete's foot or similar communicable maladies may not use the pool unless adequate protection is used. f) Glass bottles are not permitted around poolside. g) Radios, mobile phones, lilos, photography and anything which the club at its absolute discretion considers to be detrimental to the use of the pool, are not permitted. h) Members and guests are asked to wear only conventional swimwear when using the wet area facilities. i) The drying of clothing and shaving are not permitted in the sauna & steam room. Anyone caught will be asked to leave the premises immediately and may have their membership terminated. j) Swimwear must be worn in the sauna/steam room. k) As they are for your own safety we recommend you read the displayed guidelines for each facility. I) The club reserves the right to close any of the facilities for essential maintenance at any time. m) No outdoor shoes to be worn on poolside. n) The club operates a no jewellery policy on poolside. Any jewellery worn is that at the owners risk and the hotel will not be held responsible for any damage that occurs to any items.
5. SUNBEDS a) Members and guests must complete a questionnaire prior to their first session and a record card on each subsequent sunbed session. b) All sunbeds must be purchased prior to usage. c) Only one 8 minute session is permitted within 24hrs. d) The management reserves the right to refuse a member/guest from using the sunbed. e) In the interests of health and safety, goggles must be worn at all times and the bed cleaned with the cleaner provided before and after use. f) We do not recommend you have more than 20 sunbed sessions within a 12 month period however, should you choose to do so, a disclaimer must be completed.
6.GYMNASIUM/CLASSES a) All members must complete have a fitness consultation before using the gymnasium/studio which can be booked at the reception. b) For your safety and comfort correct clothing and footwear must be worn at all times. c) It is important to arrive on time for a class in view of the essential warm-up session which takes place. Late entry to a class is not permitted. d) The club reserves the right to periodically amend the class timetable. e) Only club registered personal trainers are permitted to instruct members in the club.
7.GYM PRECAUTIONS a) Do not increase your exercise programme beyond the progression stipulated by the instructor without first consulting him/her or use any equipment that you are unfamiliar with. b) Do not train if you have been drinking, lost sleep, have not eaten much, have a heavy cold or are taking any medication. c) It is essential that all training should be built up gradually, taking it gently in the beginning and then increased according to individual fitness. If you have even a short lay-off, do not carry on where you left off, do a lighter workout and build up gradually again. d) If you become pregnant, have any injuries or operations, please inform a Fitness Instructor before exercise. e) Listen to your body. If any exercise hurts, you feel unwell or lightheaded, stop exercising and inform an instructor. f) If at any time you are in doubt about your health and/or physical condition, you must obtain medical clearance before embarking on exercise and keep the Club advised of any medical changes in your health status.
8.SMOKING Please note that smoking is not permitted in any part of the club.
9.LOCKERS For security reasons, lockers should be used for all personal belongings. Lockers are provided on a daily basis only and items left overnight will be removed on the following day and disposed of.
10.TOWELS The club hires towel at 50p per towel. Towels are collected from reception and should be deposited in the towel bins provided.
11.LIABILITY The club's liability for loss, damage or theft to members' property is strictly limited to any damage or loss suffered as a result of negligence of the club, its staff or agents. With this exception, the club will not accept liability for the safety of personal property brought on to the premises unless such property is handed to the club reception and a signed receipt given. The club reserves the right in its absolute discretion to refuse to store any such property. Property stored in lockers is stored at the owner's risk and no liability for loss or damage will be accepted by the club. All members and guests use the club at their own risk. The club cannot accept any liability of any accident that may occur in the premises or within the grounds of the club other than liability which may arise from negligence of the club, its staff or agents. Vehicles, bicycles etc parked or left at the club or in the hotel car parks and all contents in them are left at the owners risk and the club will accept no liability for loss or damage in respect there of. The club reserves the right to refuse admittance to a member or guest who is medically unfit. All members are to inform the club in writing of any changes in health status.
12.LOST PROPERTY All lost property will be stored by the club for one month and then donated to local charities or disposed of.
13.MEMBERS CONDUCT Members or guests who wilfully or negligently cause damage to club facilities or equipment will be liable for the cost of repair. Disorderly, rude or offensive behaviour may result in termination of membership. Any dispute may be taken up with North of England Estate whose decision shall be final.
14.TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP The management reserves the right to terminate the membership of any member. This shall be: a) Without notice in the event of a member committing a serious breach of the club rules or deemed to ban an unsuitable person for continued membership. b) By notice in writing if any sum owing by the member remains unpaid 30 days after the due date for payment. Members may terminate membership to conditions in (1). Under no circumstances will refunds be given to members who terminate membership.
15.GENERAL In the interests of safety and hygiene no crockery or glass are allowed in the changing rooms, gymnasium, aerobics studio or poolside. Cars may not be left in the car park overnight. No pets will be allowed onto the premises. Members and guests must at all times observe the club rules and guidelines. The club reserves the right to amend these rules and all charges at any time in its absolute discretion. Notification will be displayed on the club notice boards. The club may withdraw all or part of the facilities for any period when required for use by the hotel or in connection with any repair, attention or maintenance work. The club closing times are the times at which the building closes; all members are to have vacated the club by this time. Facilities will close 15 minutes prior to the club closing. No cameras/video are permitted anywhere in the club at any time.